Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sept Hermit - Hindsight



I need the mutant power of hindsight. What do I mean by this? Allow me to explain...

I want to be able to look at something as if I have known it for weeks, months, or even years... Yea... That would work.

Today, I have for your "viewing pleasure" (pffft... yea right) my Sept Hermit. Several years ago I saw a golden demon winner do his Tau with a similar color scheme and I though it was very unique and looked cool. This... what you see here... is my version...

My 1 Completed Crisis Suit... Yea... He needs a plasma rifle, but I love the look of the burst cannon...



My 3 Stealth Suits




My 1 completed Devilfish... Less the drones



My 1 completed Fire Warrior Squad



You may be saying... "Hermit, what does this have to do with mutant powers, hindsight, or professor x?"

Well... I will tell you, if you are still reading this, then my randomness should see normal by now. I will then tell you that I am getting to it... Be patient...

Overall, I like the way the models look. I think they do look unique on a table. I have never played with anyone who has something different like them.

My problems are that up close, they do not do it for me anymore. I am a fast/lazy painter. I tend to get stuff done in a hurry. I can paint squads quick. I can paint vehicles quick. This is a blessing and a curse. I have problems slowing down. I think I even convince myself that a model looks good when in fact if does not.

I would like you to scroll back up and look at the Devilfish again. Go... I will wait....

Did you see that time? It is not "clean." The yellow is horrible. The orange is horrible. The "lines" are sloppy. How did I let this pass inspection? A conundrum I know.... Will I fix it? Who knows, I have tons of other things I would love to do...

That paint job takes a lot of work too... There are like four shades of blue there, then a tealish color. Two shades of orange... Then Yellow. I hate orange and yellow. I just do not get how people get them to come out clean. Mine looks like rubbish.

I love the Tau models. I love what my paint job should look like, and it does look good on the table. I just can not endure that orange and yellow....

/sigh

I know... I need a better camera... Some of those images look like blurry crap...
blog comments powered by Disqus